Friday, September 10, 2010

Almost The Weekend

Another busy weekend is just ahead. It is pretty quiet today, but tomorrow I have to be the auctioneer at the annual Tulare County Historical Society BBQ. SInce I am First-VP, I guess it would be a good idea to show up!

Sunday is our monthly Speaker Breakfast, and I do the fliers and go up and set up tables and chairs at 7:00 a.m. then return later for breakfast and the speaker.

I spent some time yesterday editing and tweaking Chapter 1 of Fire on Black Mountain based on the critique and suggestions from the group. Now I need to get Chapter 2 ready for next Wednesday.

Earlier this week I had the chance to sit down with Doug and Joy Harvey. Everybody has done a story on Doug being inducted into Cooperstown, but I want to do a different perspective, one more family-oriented, how the two of them went through this together. The information gathered in that meeting will definitely become a Daunt to Dillonwood column in the future.

No comments: